I have taken up a challenge for Lent, I will follow a vegan diet!! I am so excited for these 40 days, there are so many recipes I would like to try and explore more with food I rarely cook. It is currently day 3 and it has been great! This curry was delicious, very easy to make and I have leftovers almost for a week!! Join me on my challenge I will try and post diverse vegan recipes so you are always excited to try and make them yourself! 😊
½ tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
2cm cube of fresh ginger, diced
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp salt
1 red chili, sliced
400g red split lentils
1 can light coconut milk
2 courgettes, cut into 2cm cubed
200g broccoli florets
200g cauliflower florets
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a large deep pan.
- Add the onion, cook until edges are golden brown stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook for 3 minutes.
- Put in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and chili. Stir the spices to coat the onion, garlic and chili.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk and water. Cover the pan and simmer 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the courgette and cover. Cook for a further 15 minutes stirring every couple of minutes.
- Boil the cauliflower and broccoli for 5 mins. Sieve out the water and serve on plates.
- Serve the curry beside the florets and sprinkle over a couple of slices chili.
- Watch out its very hot!! Enjoy!